PKMK as he’s better known within the industry, is a consummate hotelier with 40 years plus of operations experience. He has had extensive international exposure in key markets such as New York, London, Maldives and Colombo.
In addition to General Manager positions across various hotels in the Taj Group his career includes many positions of business leadership in growth geographies such as Kerala, Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Sri Lanka.
Besides expertise in hotel operations he was a key member of the leadership team assigned the task of identifying growth markets, project management, pre-launch and launch of hotels. His cross functional expertise in the hotel sector has branded him as the “go to person” for turnaround challenges of under-performing assets.
Responsible for the foray of the Taj Group into the mid-market segment with the maiden Gateway in Bangalore, he later went on to then become the COO of the entire Gateway portfolio of hotels and resorts with 20 plus hotels subsequent to the Group’s brand architecture restructuring.
His four decades of experience with the Taj Group spans all brands, ranging from Luxury, Upper Upscale, Upscale and Economy and was engaged both in the operations and strategic aspects of the business.
Board memberships of the following companies:
• Gateway Hotels and Resorts Limited (1989 to 1994)
• Taj Kerala Hotels & Resorts Limited (1994 to 1997 and 2009 to 2012)
• Taj Lanka Hotels & Resorts Limited (1998 to 2002)
• Taj Maldives Resorts Limited (1998 to 2002)
• Taj Karnataka Hotels & Resorts Limited (2005 to 2012)
• Taj Madurai Hotels & Resorts Limited (2009 to 2012)
• Benaras Hotels Limited (2009 to 2012)
• MD, Roots Corporation Ltd (2013 to 2015)
• Principal Advisor Hospitality Ozone Group Bangalore (2015 on)
• Principal Advisor Hospitality Goldfinch Hotels Group, Bangalore (2015 on)
• Independent Director Orange County Resorts Ltd. (2015 on)
• Hospitality Consultant (2015 on)